Now that I’m able to devote my full effort to developing Starpires, there’s lots of features, enhancements and game play adjustments in the pipeline. Here are some of the recent and upcoming ones. Going forward there will be much more detail on this blog about newly launched changes to the game.
- Dozens of bug fixes and game balance adjustments, most based off of player feedback.
- Complete overhaul of the player messaging system making it easier to coordinate with allies. a) You can now start message threads between multiple players. b) There is a send messages button directly on the message console, bottom right corner of the screen. c) There is now an option to report inappropriate language is messages if you block a player from sending them.
- Re-implemented the in game player profiles, you can now view attack histories, as well as any message threads you’ve had with the player.
- New top players lists.
- Battle simulator – To give players more insight into what determines the outcome of a particular battle.
- Updated game FAQ’s, Wiki and Forum – To provide players with more insights into the intricacies of Starpires and create a better community.
- A completely overhauled boost system. There will be a lot more of them and they can be acquired and utilized in more ways. Boosts will be able to be saved and traded, similar inventory in an RPG style game. This will add substantial depth and strategy to combat in Starpires.
- Multiple Starpires “servers” creating fresh games for players to join.
- Deep space exploration – Send fleets to discover new planets, or mine asteroides.
- Better server stability – There has been a few outages in the past few weeks.
- Continued bug fixes and game balance adjustments.